PDA

View Full Version : Valor on the computer?!

richg211
02-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Would Playmesh ever consider making Valor into a "browser-based" game? Don't get me wrong, Valor on the iPhone is great, but if it was to also be on the computer I think that'd be a great addition! I don't know how anyone else feels about making it a browser version, or a download version, but i think it would be a VERY good addition to Valor. That would fix the wait times, lagging (for the most part, depending on your internet), easy to navigate, etc. Think about it!

Feel free to discuss

Orlor
02-17-2012, 02:17 AM
Please do discuss, I am interested to see if this is something people would like.

We are always looking at ways we can expand Valor and having it to be browser based is a possibility.

Vasasalo
02-17-2012, 02:35 AM
The only down side to having it on the computer is that players can make multiple accounts and use them to gang up on someone that only has a phone account.

Vasasalo
02-17-2012, 02:36 AM
But I would like an authenticated way of at least administering the in gamme guild and guild forums. With a world view map.

richg211
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Thats true, they could do something with your IP address, like only 1 or 2 accounts on a single IP address. So only two accounts can be made and they cannot be in the same world. Im not sure how they would do it as i'm no computer engineer or whatever the specialized people are. What you were saying Vasasalo, the in-game forum and world map could just be like how it is on the phone, except have everything in a nice standard definition, or high definition screen (maybe two different downloads?). Im not too sure all together on this idea, but i'd love to have it on the computer. Im sure Playmesh would also gain many many more players on the computer (people who dont have/can't afford an iPhone. That would create many more cities and possibly have even bigger guilds (bigger then the 60 guild limit coming back in world 53?). I dont know..

Eldorren
02-17-2012, 06:13 AM
I think the ability to play it on a web browser would be a great addition. However, that would also mean more than likely getting rid of the account "log in"-less feature and going with a more conventional user/password approach.

richg211
02-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't be against a username/password type game. Thatd be fine and kind of what I would have expected. Having Valor on te computer would be amazing I feel. I for one woudl probably spend more time on that than doing my work (which would be bad but who cares;))

I just feel as though Valor could gain so many more players and popularity through it being on the computer. But that's just my idea.

People feel free to share your thoughts!!

Vasasalo
02-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Rich about what I posted. Not a download. I mean being able to see a map that refreshes and is updated by in game servers. And the forum access limited to crowns for ease of structuring. Basically to lower the clutter. But what ever you do it is mirrored in-game or it would be pointless.

AmitBit
02-18-2012, 12:59 AM
I dont think that it will be so great on the pc people wont play as much as they play now on the iphone there are notifications and it is handy and easy to get started in a touch of a button i dont think that i will invest the time and energy that i've invested if it was a browser game after all on the phone the city always with ya

richg211
02-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Well, what you do on the phone and the computer would sync with each other. So it really would not matter which you do your building on because whether you did it on your iPhone or the computer, it would always sync and be right where you left it at.

Vasasalo, Well forum access is limited to crowns, generals, and captains in the game so it really would be no different, but yes i see what you're saying.

Stark Bledfast
02-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I would like to see it for 2 reasons:

1. Typing messages. I loathe typing messages in from my hand held device. Small keyboard, small input box, horrible interface (no, I do not have any suggestion for making the interface better... the small keyboard and input box alone are enough to make me loathe typing messages). If I could jump onto my computer and type out a message with my keyboard, then I would be so much happier.

2. Map. Being able to see more than a small section of the world at a time, and have likely much faster refresh rates for the drawing of the map would be awesome.

Otherwise, the game is perfectly playable on my hand held, and is much more convenient than jumping on a computer every time I want to do something. As long as I can play my account from both, and not only a "play on your hand held device OR play from a computer" then I'd be a happy player.

Heraclea
03-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Having valour browser based is a must.
From a players perspective, the interface would be easier to play with, and activity in guilds would increase ( as typing on iPhones sucks). I play a few browser games and there is no comparison... It's much better. I actually was disappointed that valour does not have this option, and it has discouraged me with continuing the game as there are similar games that offer both options.

From a business perspective, more options for advertising revenue, ability to reach a larger scale audience, increased loyalty among users and higher probability of players using premium features.

Get on it guys...

Lord Valren
03-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I think having Valor be a browser game would be fantastic! One of the things that amazes me most about it is how awesome the music is. Makes for a very enjoyable experience. Just realize you're gonna have major competition against things like the Evony crowd, although I think this is much more classy. But no matter what keep it on the phone too, I like checking in on my city wherever I go.

BA Baracus
03-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Please make it so I can play my accounts on computer! I'd like it if I could log into n play the accounts I already have on my devices. I think the limit 2 your accounts based on your different email validated accounts on different devices would b enough! Please do it I wanna see a bigger map, n perhaps more info on the map like travel times from your currently selected city 2 the one u r looking at! This could b a huge opportunity to keep dedicated players ingame

Michael2
03-02-2012, 12:04 PM
I think it would be great to have valor on computer but I think it would be less accessible than iPhone because it's not as portable.

As well as it would be easier to get multiple accounts to play on which in my eyes is cheating.

Vasasalo
03-02-2012, 11:37 PM
They would have to set up a logon list. basically by mac address. when you log into that account from a mac address, it gets added to you accounts list and then that mac can never log into any other account. honestly though, if someone wants to cheat, they will find a way regardless if it's put on a machine or not.

Emsmedic5
03-04-2012, 07:20 PM
There is a game that does all of this. Tribal wars is very similar to this you can play on the phone and pc. It's not as good as Valor but you can play on both.

Cmd
03-09-2012, 06:18 PM
If you would considering this you should built a super anti cheat system. This means detecting auto clickers etc. Multiple logings etc etc

Babsi
03-09-2012, 10:40 PM
I like the idea. If you did a search now for Valor on the computer, Evony pops up. I agree allowing one user account per IP Address will need to be in tact.

Sanguinis
03-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't believe a browser-based expansion of Valor is a good idea. If you look at it with face-value, it seems to be; however the key to Valor is its' mobile-centric nature. Phones are with you all the time and its' easy to get involved and share strategies/plans with friends in person, as well as have access to it all the time. If Valor was opened up via the browser, then it'll lose this certain appeal. You would have a very mixed dynamic of individuals who play on the computer, and those who always have phones on them. There would be a certain level of imbalance in the grand scheme of things.

Playmesh should concentrate on making Valor the best mobile experience. It's a great game at the moment, but there's definitely tons of things that can be improved and it'd be great to see Playmesh lead innovation in this area. (i.e. online communication with guild members/between alliances; maybe think of a way that's more efficient/phone screen-friendly that a forum. A forum is a more browser-esque way of communicating. There must be a better way with the current technology.)

Martenor
04-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I like the idea too, and if you would only able to create an account via the app and log on to the browser based version with your phone number, you prevent the possibility to create multiple accounts on the same world on multiple email addresses. Also the community would be phone based with some having valor on the comp too, no computer only ppl.

Oh and about the one user per IP, that does not work for us, 4 persons in my home, 4 internet phones, but one home ip address ;-)

I really like the possibility to type with a keyboard, will be much more chatting going on that way and it increases the interaction with other players.
Like this forum, I'm creating this message via the comp, no way I'm going to type it all on my iphone...
Also, as great as the resolution is on the iphone, the screen can only hold so much info, would be great to have a full world overview, but I don't see how you could do that on my little iphone screen.

Thanks for creating this great game though :-) keep up the good work!

GeeDog
05-21-2012, 04:53 AM
I think PlayMesh should create a browser base version and without a download.

There is a lot of mention, in this thread, that people have their phone with them all the time but you missing the players that don't have a phone and use a 'touch' to play this game and there are probably people in that group that don't have access to wireless all the time but have access to a PC with internet, i.e. at work, (I know, as I am one of them) and the very reason I ended up on this tread was because I was looking for a browser version of Valor.

Regardless keep up the good work PlayMesh :)

Remoh
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Hi guys,

I just started playing valor and it seems like a great game. Its obvious, as someone who has played Tribal Wars extensively, that TW was the basis for Valor. It's just too similar for that not to be the case.

I love being able to play the game with a rich ui on the iPad but I'm wondering how this is going to scale for really large accounts. In TW, it eventually becomes way too difficult to manage the game without the ability to run custom scripts to help with things like farming, tagging incoming attacks, building units, etc. Theres just no other way handle hundreds of villages at once without them. Maybe I've missed something but I don't see how this can be done in Valor.

So, I think maybe a browser version to address that weakness would be in order. Alternatively, maybe some sort of pluggable architecture for the current client to let you do the same sort of thing?

Anyway, keep up the great work!

dethwsh
09-18-2012, 08:57 AM
A browser version would be great! For example, I am without my ipad for a few days & can't play at all right now. A browser version would let me keep my cities going when I don't have access to my ipad.

Asplundh
09-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Given that the latest O/S for the Mac has hooks for IOS 5.1.1 (and I assume Apple will add support for IOS 6.0 in the not-too-distant-future), porting Valor to run on Macs only makes sense. It will build the fan base. However, accounts will have to be restricted to one per player somehow. A PlayMesh assigned authentication perhaps?

Bl1ndFury
09-20-2012, 03:03 AM
I am sooooo definitely against Valor on PC, for one reason alone....people will cheat. I've seen bots used on other strategy games and if Valor goes PC you will get people using bots. It will uneven the playing field that is already dominated by gold users. You will get more solo players and less teamwork. The attracting features About Valor for me is no hacking and no cheating. Going that route will change Valor, and for many, not in a good way.

Lava
10-09-2012, 04:07 AM
Yes to Valor on PC, contracts and rights aside, one day it may happen......But for now try playing EVONY.......same game but for PC........

Dieformason
10-11-2012, 09:52 PM
I am sooooo definitely against Valor on PC, for one reason alone....people will cheat. I've seen bots used on other strategy games and if Valor goes PC you will get people using bots. It will uneven the playing field that is already dominated by gold users. You will get more solo players and less teamwork. The attracting features About Valor for me is no hacking and no cheating. Going that route will change Valor, and for many, not in a good way.

I second this. People are rarely able to use jailbroken iphones or Bluetooth to make bots for games like valor on the iPhone. However anyone can look up the basics for C++ on YouTube hahahhaha

JudgeDredge
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Please put Valour on the PC..
Lets discuss this more if possible.

Bane554
01-23-2013, 02:37 AM
I would agree, i think it would be better there, hopefully faster speeds for everything. I like it as an app but a game like this (like envoy) would be pretty awesome, thought i have never played envoy. i played a little of stronghold crusaders mmo it was ok. Thought i think spending the time that valor requires and checking in etc, is better for a touch device, cuz i dunno y but i feel if it were on pc, it would make people spend time different, thouht i dont know if thats good, bad, or if im just crazy =P

The00Drew
01-23-2013, 04:26 AM
Would like to see a PC version of valor.

:)

Crisiskiller
02-03-2013, 03:48 AM
yeah i am greatly interested in this, my ipod isnt that fast but my laptop is so it would reduce problems, and it would be fantastic if you are in battle mode bc you can respond faster. I hope they do make this because it would greatly enhance the game.

CreatorPrime
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM

QFT

I can't play Valor without the computer (i.e. I use spreadsheet software, IM clients), but I don't actually want Valor to be playable on the computer due to the potential for botting/scripting.

Crisiskiller
02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
creator i agree with you, idk how to hack like most people but i dont want it to become a game of cheaters, but i also know that if there was some way to eliminate hacking then i would love for it to be put on the computer

LordFirefall
02-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Agreed. It would get abused.

Imya
02-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Would like to see a Mac client.

Imya
02-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Also think of the advantages and more powerful UI's the devs could implement with the resources a desktop would offer over a device. A desktop client game would be able to cache far more data and filter and search that local cache far faster than a device.

KMT
02-06-2013, 08:16 AM
ever tried TRIBAL WARS? you can play mobile and pc. there are players trying to cheat using forbidden scripts but i prefer to play against sone cheaters rather than to continue being frustrated because of valor issues.

i had fun in valor, started in june 2011 and i enjoyed my worlds. but lately i have too many bugs and glitches, ... TOO MANY LAGS.
tired to wait for MCM.

i will keep cleaning my old world with my guildies till quark finally declares XXL CENTURIONS won w37 but i won't spend any more time in valor or valor forum. i found something better.... maybe it's time for quark to declare NOVI won w24 as well... fun fun for who will continue.

KMT-KelsierMist

MyName999
02-06-2013, 12:22 PM
I would really be happy playing Valor on any web browser, or PC + Mac client, only if the account could be shared with the one on iOS or Android...

I want to be able playing anywhere on my prefered game :-D

Roseylyn
02-13-2013, 07:56 PM
i really want to see valor on computer, my laptop is faster and has a bigger screen. i like valor on the phone, but i have weird problems with my phone somtimes. i think having it on computer would be way better

Aethlstan
02-14-2013, 04:46 AM
We are mainly hacker free on iphone, probably a little less so on android. I know for a fact if you put this game on PC....that just makes hacking a piece of Cake. I have friends who mod games and they tell me it would be pretty easy to go in and spawn troops and stuff. I hear tribal wars has a problem with hackers...

Would rather keep the game on harder-to-hack devices

Rabblerouser
02-15-2013, 03:17 PM
I would love to be able to log in to my account via a desktop. Heed my warning;do your best to prevent "Chinese gold framers from abusing your product by selling resources for real money.

Hiitsmeeeeeee
02-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Another reason I don't think it would be a good idea is because of the short build times. In worlds (especially at the beginning) build times are less than 1 hour, that means you have to check your iPhone/Android multiple times an hour for about 3 or 4 days. That means you would have to check your computer up to 5 times an hour for the first few days just to have a decent city. Since valor wouldn't stop when you turned off your computer or left home, your city would stop production and you wouldn't be able to do anything until you were back at your computer. Most people keep their phone close to them most of the day and can check them much easier than their computer and has the ability to check valor many times an hour because of it. This would leave computer players at a huge disadvantage early in the game.

Also the troop speed would have to be reduced because of how easily you could take a city. You could take a city while the other player is at lunch, stuck in traffic, or out of town and doesn't have Internet connection. With a iOS device you get a notification that you are under attack within seconds and you can actually respond the threat and save your city. You also can check your city while you are eating, while you are stuck in traffic (not that I am saying to do that), and with 3G you can check valor no matter where you go. The computer players would also have a problem attacking and keeping their city for being taken.

juane2
02-22-2013, 03:36 AM
I just played Tribal wars for about 7 months, after starting valor in world 59, and I would like you guys to offer Valor also for computer browser. It is simply extraordinary the possibility to use both celll - ipad - browser and the versatility you have is very nice. Others have done it and it is possible and more reliable to have the game working on browser, IOS, android.

A good Bot protection system would be needed. I really learned a lot from Tribal wars. Likely to go back to Valor once I purchase the new Ipad.

A go for it.

juane

LordSeaice
02-27-2013, 03:48 AM
This is a big No-No from me! I do like the idea of playing through a browser which would be ideal for me since I'm always around one, but cheaters are the reason I got so frustrated playing Halo on xbox, because once you reached the higher levels (35+) you had a bunch of moders who changed the game and made it almost impossible to achieve level 50 as a non-moder type of player. HoweverValor is a great game still but I would be annoyed to play against cheaters.

Pauld2468
03-01-2013, 05:21 AM
The facts are that your able to download free software that can record and play back any mouse movements and mouse buttons at intervals you program into the software which could be then used for things like troop builds, upgrades and scollarship buying all the while your asleep or away from valor

I say NO to a pc version

Imya
03-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Lets not worry about the security angle and post positive ideas. The desktop/web would be of little difference security wise for a person that wanted to do most of the things everyone seems to be worried about. If 90% of the post are against the idea because of a narrow security issue we may as well close the thread.

I like what Blizzard did with wow they gave the player bases the ability to create addons. They dealt with the exploiters.

I'm sure Quark wouldn't put a web/desktop client out there if they thought it would ruin the game. They like playing the game too from what I have read in other threads.

I personally would like to play on my larger desktop screen with more advanced UI's when I'm at home and then have access to my cities on my phone or iPad when I'm not at home. I'd even be willing to pay a subscription service of some sort to have the desktop access if it were totally awesome. If it cost gold then the bot layers would at least be supporting all of the non bot players.

There are lots of creative ideas and ways to solve problems, lets look for some on this topic or maybe lock it.

Zoom
03-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Valor on the computer is something that I have been contemplating for the last 14 days of playing this game and how wonderful it would be. But then I realized two issues with the idea that made me a little disappointed. We live in a world where people always try to get an upper hand in an unfair way.

1. I can almost guarantee that there would be a bot for Valor just like some other web games (Mob Wars). While some of the people who use the bot could be caught, how could you differentiate those who use a bot and those who are online all the time at work.

2. People will make multiple accounts to try and get the upper hand in resources and land. If you were to add Valor to the computer then you would have to strict the number of players per IP address which would only hurt the people who are trying to play legit. I know three brothers who play valor and if you restricted the number of players per IP address those who play fairly would be hurt and those who are trying to cheat would just use a proxy or VPN.

Imya
03-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Valor on the computer is something that I have been contemplating for the last 14 days of playing this game and how wonderful it would be. But then I realized two issues with the idea that made me a little disappointed. We live in a world where people always try to get an upper hand in an unfair way.

1. I can almost guarantee that there would be a bot for Valor just like some other web games (Mob Wars). While some of the people who use the bot could be caught, how could you differentiate those who use a bot and those who are online all the time at work.

2. People will make multiple accounts to try and get the upper hand in resources and land. If you were to add Valor to the computer then you would have to strict the number of players per IP address which would only hurt the people who are trying to play legit. I know three brothers who play valor and if you restricted the number of players per IP address those who play fairly would be hurt and those who are trying to cheat would just use a proxy or VPN.

Ignoring one and two Zoom i would be curious to here about your other thoughts?

2. Is already something that happens.
1. Anyone capable of writing a bot for a web app should be capable of this already. Anyone can use a bot only some can write them.

Mosser
03-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Damn I made a post like this a year ago and mine I lay got to the second page with no admin attention XD Atleast it's picking up now. I would absolutely love this. This IPhone screen is too small. Having a nice big laptop screen just for valor would be haven ;). However, if they separated it into a completely different game like they did with the iPhone and android that would suck. There's already too many browser games just like this. It would be nice to have them combined/sharing accounts. When I'm out of the house I can stick to my IPhone, when I get home back on the computer for a much m

Mosser
03-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Man! Sometimes these phone just suck tremendously, another reason for a computer lol.
I just tried to edit my post but the damn thing just goes blank when I try. My current computer is broken atm so I can't go back and fix it. Anyways, I hope it makes sense lol.

Dieformason
03-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Pros:
-Skype calls to time attacks(epic)
-Better interface
-Bigger screen
-A large amount of new possible players!

Cons:
-Kakao would shut down because everyone would use skype because you can use it on iPhones and computers.
-People could make bots that could auto upgrade for 24 hours while bp is up. You would have to create a hack shield. That would be a constant job.
-you'd have to hire more people
-quark would go in debt
-valor would shut down
-suicide rate would sky rocket

I might have gotten carried away but a great deal of it is true. You would be opening valor up to a whole new realm and people could easily take advantage of how easy it is to hack on a computer versus a phone.

lIIITOR2010IIll
03-12-2013, 12:09 PM
I might have gotten carried away but a great deal of it is true. You would be opening valor up to a whole new realm and people could easily take advantage of how easy it is to hack on a computer versus a phone.

I totally agree with you, it's much easier to hack on a computer than a phone. On computer you'll be able to create multiple accounts. People will use bots or some ways to get gold. It's not a good idea in my honest opinion.

MyName999
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
I totally agree with you, it's much easier to hack on a computer than a phone. On computer you'll be able to create multiple accounts. People will use bots or some ways to get gold. It's not a good idea in my honest opinion.

How do you get gold with bots? I can't have any myself X-C

Dieformason
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
How do you get gold with bots? I can't have any myself X-C

There's a program (I won't say the name) but it will allow you to change numbers into whatever you wish them to be. For example gold, resources, building constructions and maybe even troop travel times but I'd have to test that out.

Another solution is to buy 5$ in gold and record the packet that is sent, then you could spam the packet and then boom 999k gold.

Both are rather simple and the likely hood of a browser version of valor openin anytime soon is unlikely because they would have to find ways to prevent these and even more advanced means of getting gold/resources/troops.

Zoom
03-14-2013, 04:50 AM
Ignoring one and two Zoom i would be curious to here about your other thoughts?

2. Is already something that happens.
1. Anyone capable of writing a bot for a web app should be capable of this already. Anyone can use a bot only some can write them.

Well, hope about some positive thoughts. I played a lot of web based games and they ended up turning into games you could play on the phone. I think that "upgrading" valor to a new platform would be awesome, you would bring is a bunch more players. Not to mention that you could really add new things to valor that you maybe wouldn't be able to add if it was on the mobile devices.

MjrPayne
04-06-2013, 07:30 AM
My phone is driving me crazy... I cant look at my map so i have to guess where everything is.... But now i have devised a trick to be able to look at the map. I press map... then wait 10 seconds... before it resets valor i press on guild... then after 5 seconds i press on map again... This goes on a few times and then eventually i get the map to load up. Its nearly unplayable.

I say... make it available on Steam for a few dollar/euro... i would buy it!

MyName999
04-08-2013, 11:17 AM
There's a program (I won't say the name) but it will allow you to change numbers into whatever you wish them to be. For example gold, resources, building constructions and maybe even troop travel times but I'd have to test that out.

Another solution is to buy 5$ in gold and record the packet that is sent, then you could spam the packet and then boom 999k gold.

Both are rather simple and the likely hood of a browser version of valor openin anytime soon is unlikely because they would have to find ways to prevent these and even more advanced means of getting gold/resources/troops.

If so, why everyone isn't really rich making such transactions in the Apple Mac AppStore (on a computer so), as TradeNations do, or lots of other stragegy game that were in the iPhone and now are purposed on Macintosh now...

I think that there currently is enough protections for micro-payments made by Apple that having a Mac application to play Valor would be possible. The bot issue for automation of actions is another problem, but could be made too in iPhone. Only thing is that Apple wouldn't put in on the store, and so were only purposed on Jailbreacked iPhone or on each Androids... Has it already been made?

Dieformason
04-15-2013, 06:16 AM
If so, why everyone isn't really rich making such transactions in the Apple Mac AppStore (on a computer so), as TradeNations do, or lots of other stragegy game that were in the iPhone and now are purposed on Macintosh now...

I think that there currently is enough protections for micro-payments made by Apple that having a Mac application to play Valor would be possible. The bot issue for automation of actions is another problem, but could be made too in iPhone. Only thing is that Apple wouldn't put in on the store, and so were only purposed on Jailbreacked iPhone or on each Androids... Has it already been made?

Well I think players want to keep it to themselves and don't want others to get a competitive edge.

As for why it isn't on the iPhone I think that's because most people don't posses the skills to do so. On the computer it's quite a bit easier. I'm sure people have and are but just arnt going crazy to bring attention to themselves.

Imya
04-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Well I think players want to keep it to themselves and don't want others to get a competitive edge.

As for why it isn't on the iPhone I think that's because most people don't posses the skills to do so. On the computer it's quite a bit easier. I'm sure people have and are but just arnt going crazy to bring attention to themselves.

Finally a smart person comments on everyone's fear of a desktop client. Yours is one of the most informed logical comments.

fortheLOVE
04-28-2013, 08:24 AM
i agree with the young one. although i don't understand some of the technical foreign language he seizured into. our accounts are branded by serial number at this point, making a browser based version will open things up to make things work automatically. i know back in the age of empires days they were even using hacks and bots to auto queue actions up to gain a competitive edge. multiple accounts would quickly become another issue, while i know there are several cloners out there already. adding computers to the mix would only make it worse. not as many have the technical knowledge to do these things on the mobile based devices. as DFM said, youtube could easily teach someone how to do it on pc because it seems like it would be much much easier.

Benfrom300
08-19-2013, 02:10 AM
i agree with the young one. although i don't understand some of the technical foreign language he seizured into. our accounts are branded by serial number at this point, making a browser based version will open things up to make things work automatically. i know back in the age of empires days they were even using hacks and bots to auto queue actions up to gain a competitive edge. multiple accounts would quickly become another issue, while i know there are several cloners out there already. adding computers to the mix would only make it worse. not as many have the technical knowledge to do these things on the mobile based devices. as DFM said, youtube could easily teach someone how to do it on pc because it seems like it would be much much easier.

its doable on computer as is but without what i would call honorable means. and yes, youtube teaches you how to but the software isnt free, id rather play on my ipad than pay a ton of money for a third party software to play on computer, id trust a version made by quark alot more but that raises the other problem others have presented here: multiple accounts, hacking, botting etcetc. i dont think it would make the game better to have a browser based valor, unless there was away to prevent those issues, seems too good to be true.

MyName999
08-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Still possible with Android emulator... ;-)

vineet1993
02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Would Playmesh ever consider making Valor into a "browser-based" game? Don't get me wrong, Valor on the iPhone is great, but if it was to also be on the computer I think that'd be a great addition! I don't know how anyone else feels about making it a browser version, or a download version, but i think it would be a VERY good addition to Valor. That would fix the wait times, lagging (for the most part, depending on your internet), easy to navigate, etc. Think about it!

Feel free to discuss

yes its really a great idea of having the game that keeps me awake on pc it it would be awesom if it could be played online on pc or mobile by just logging in our name and passwords and could be played on mobiles while we travel whereas
on laptops when home